APMAA Doctoral Colloquium
The APMAA Doctoral Colloquium offers an opportunity for PhD students to receive high-quality feedback from external reviewers, interact with peers, exchange ideas, and establish formal and informal cooperation with various researchers. Doctoral students at all stages are welcome to submit a thesis-stage paper, but preference will be given to students at the early stages of their doctoral work. A paper for the colloquium should clearly state:
- The problem addressed
- An overview of related literature
- Preliminary findings
The paper can be a case study, a pilot work discussion, a proposed data analysis etc. The sessions will allow students to get feedback from the discussants and other participants. The feedback should help improve the paper in terms of data analysis, literature review, theoretical underpinning etc.
What is the APMAA Doctoral Colloquium?
APMAA Doctoral Colloquium provides a unique opportunity for doctoral students to develop their research ideas, to learn about the challenges of conducting research, and to broaden their professional network. The colloquium aims to:
- Provide a setting where students can present their work and meet other peers,
- Provide feedback on students' current research and guidance on future research directions,
- Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside their own institution,
- Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research, and
- Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events.